Saturday, November 13, 2010

NaNoWriMo Day Thirteen

I managed to write just over 2000 words yesterday. I patted myself on the back for writing anything, and got to a place where the next surge willl give me lots of words. We here at the Magic City Writer's Group hope you are still keeping up with the novel writing. Or at least keeping up with this blog. That's a great start.

Today is another double header in inspirational songs for me. I know, I have more songs than I thought I did too. The first is from a great techno artist simply called BT. The song is called Dreaming, and it is one of those songs that just make me want to write. The beginning lines always do it for me: "No words, no talk. We'll go dreaming."

And the other song is from the great movie soundtrack archives. From Braveheart, we have The World of the Heart, a song that is so swept away with sad and beautiful emotion that I use it whenever I need to write about someone's heart breaking. In case you don't remember, this is a great movie about valor, betrayal and redemption. If that doesn't get you writing, well, then you don't write like me.

Keep your NaNoMoJo going, and write on!

No comments:

Post a Comment