Monday, November 15, 2010

NaNoWriMo Day Fourteen/Fifteen

Sorry I didn't post yesterday, but the day loosed from my grasp and ran down the street like a mad woman on a sugar high. So, today I will post my songs for both the fourteenth and fifteenth days.

Day fourteen was a song to get the blood pumping, and perhaps help out with a little righteous anger your characters might need to let go of. It is a piece of classical music most of us may have heard of called Ride of the Valkyries. I just love that this song is old enough for a lot of people to dismiss it, but great enough that it keeps getting used in new ways. I love this classic.

Day fifteen is from a newer classic, Jurassic Park, called Hatching Baby Raptor. Believe it or not, I used this song the first time (a while ago) when I needed to get into a proper frame of mind for a ghost story. The scene that this song basically wrote was when the ghost first 'opened her eyes,' after death. I love the haunting qualities of this song. If you have a little need of some spirits in your story, I suggest this one. By the way, it is also useful if you need a little painful introspection, because (at least for me) it puts me in a somber mood.

Keep your NaNoMoJo going, and write on!

No comments:

Post a Comment