Sunday, November 7, 2010

NaNoWriMo Day Seven

Sorry about posting this late, but it has been a lazy day, and I have been busy. Getting Christmas and Thanksgiving shoved into my head at the same time, taking stock of what needs to be done, making a beef stew... the day gets away from me. But I didn't forget to post the inspirational song for the day.

For those of you that know me, you know that I am very proud to be a Texan, transplanted to Alabama. No shock... most Texans I know are proud, but I have a lot of deep roots, and one of those spreads to the Alamo. My favorite song from the 2004 The Alamo is The Death of Crockett, but I couldn't find it on YouTube to send out to you guys. But, I did find a great second, and I hope you will enjoy it.

There is nothing better than great peril to make a hero shine. This whole soundtrack, written by Carter Burwell (of Braveheart fame) is the rhythmic personification of heroism and martyrdom in my opinion. Some wonderful person on YouTube created a medley of the music combined with still footage from the movie, and it is a nice long one to write to. I am listening to it now and it is filling me up with righteous courage (which is what my hero and heroine desperately need right now. So enjoy this Alamo Suite.

Keep your NaNoMoJo going... and write on!

No comments:

Post a Comment